viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Glass Workshop





During the third weekend in September I was very fortunate in being able to attend a glass workshop in Clemmons, NC at Warm Glass Elements. It had to have been one of the most awesome, enjoyable and informative workshops that I have taken during my seventeen year career. The topic of the workshop was doing various glass firings in a ceramic kiln such as glass casting. I made three original pieces of which I am very proud of two of them! LOL! Hopefully once my kiln has been revamped somewhat I will be able to teach this to my advanced art students as well as the other county art teachers. Unfortunately the two examples of glass that I have in the photos are not mine. They are two of my favorite pieces that were displayed in the Warm Glass gallery. Don't I look very enthused? Well have you ever crammed your thumb in a cup of algenate in order to let it dry so that I can be used as a mold? Not very exciting!!!!

Larry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home