viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Art One Studies Huichol Indians of Mexico



During our study of the Huichol Indians of Mexico, my Art One students did yarn paintings similar to the ones created by the Huichols. Their assignment was to create a round yarn painting in which they had to incorporate one of their initials. Everyone's final product was beautiful and made a nice exhibit in the hallway.

1 Comments:

Blogger akande said...

i am greatly impressed with what i've seen so far, wow! everyday seems an adventure. keep up the good work.i simply wish i could be apart of this one day

October 27, 2007 at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home