viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Monday, August 18, 2008

PHOTOS FROM TURKEY DAY EIGHT (part 1)






Day eight was a whole day in Cappadocia. In the Neolithic period Cappadocia was caught between two active volcanoes, Mounts Hasan and Erciyes, which buried it under a thick layer of ash. this formed the soft malleable stone known as tufa, and over the centuries erosion and human effort combined to create the fantastic landscape we see today, with its many thousands of varicolored pinnacles and surreal rock formations. I could not help but think of the Badlands in South Dakota while in Cappadocia.

Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home