viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

PHOTOS FROM TURKEY DAY THREE (part 1)











On our third day we first left the older part of the city of Istanbul in order to go to the more modern high rise section. The first photo is part of the old city wall that once surrounded Istanbul. Our first stop was the Danussafaka School which is a privately owned school for orphaned children. After a quick tour and discussion with one of the teachers we were back on the bus to go to our next stop - The Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum. This museum contains a priceless collection of Ottoman calligraphy in gold, intricate miniatures, ceramics, and magnificent carpets, some of them dating back to the 13th century. I saw the largest oriental carpets here that I had ever seen in my life.

Larry Hewett

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

August 12, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home