viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Monday, August 11, 2008

TURKEY PHOTOS FROM DAY ONE






























This trip was so special to me. I had never dreamed in my entire life that one day I would have the chance to make such as journey as this to Turkey. There are two very special organizations that I have to thank for making this trip possible. The first one is the Turkish Cultural Foundation and the second is the International Affairs Council who was my N.C. local sponsor. Thank you so very much for your generosity and assistance.

As promised, here is the first of the photos from Turkey. I'm going to post them according to what we saw and where we were each day on our trip. These photos are from our first day. We had the most spectacular view of Istanbul from the top floor of our hotel where the dining room was located. As you can see we were within walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagias Sophia. We walked along some of the closer streets in the city on our way to the bus where we were transported to dinner at a very nice restaurant just across from the Golden Horn. And last but not least, BAKLAVA - my favorite!!!!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the photos!
Larry














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home