viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Friday, May 30, 2008

THE UNVEILING CEREMONY FINALLY










Last night the unveiling ceremony was held here at WCHS. There was a large crowd present for all of the festivities which included speeches, music, songs, slide show, the unveiling itself and refreshments. My advanced students unveiled it before a crowd of eager viewers. Everyone was very pleased with the final piece of sculpture. I think most people were amazed that such a beautiful piece of artwork could be made out of bricks. During the refreshments everyone spoke to Brad, his wife Tammy and his assistant Tara, to my students and to Fred, the mason. This has been one of the most interesting projects that I have ever worked on during my seventeen year career as an art teacher. My students nor I will ever forget it. If you have not had a chance to see the sculpture in person, please come by for a visit. Remember it's not just ours since it's on our campus, it belongs to our whole community.

Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home