viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER


















I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back into my blog. This will be the first of several entries to come in which I"ll try to get caught up. This entry deals with the high school workshop at Celebrate the Arts, which happens to have been held at my school, West Columbus High. And guess who our clinician was? Brad Spencer of course, or as my advanced students call him, Brick Man. He, his assistant, Tara and his wife, Tammy all came down to do a clay sculpture workshop for all of the high school participants. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. Lots of the students said that this was the best workshop that they had ever taken. Tammy modeled while Brad and Tara assisted the students in creating their sculptures. As Brad explained at the beginning, this truly was a workshop on college level. But did the students ever rise to the occasion! By the end of the second day, it was amazing to see the beautiful and well crafted pieces. I think everyone was delightfully surprised at how well all participants did. Hope you enjoy pictures that were taken during the festivities.

Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home