viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ART TWO DOES GHANAIAN PROJECT









This week my Art Two class is working on a Ghanaian project. Having been to Ghana three times I have accumulated a large variety of artifacts that the students were very interested in. I allowed them to choose a costume and model it for the rest of the class. While all dressed in Ghanaian garb I showed them some works of art that I had purchased. Then I put on a Ghanaian costume and posed for the students to draw me. The next day I sat with my drum and they did a ceramic sculpture of me. We all had a great time and I think the artwork turned out beautifully.

Larry Hewett

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks fantastic Larry! I wished we did things like this we I was in Art Two, haha! You are definitely putting the Ghanian influence into your students' lives! Tell them to keep up the good work!

- Ryan Walker

May 9, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home