viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

NEXT TO LAST DAY







Well today is our next to last day with Brad and Tara. Everyone is working diligently in order to complete their tiles. Included in the photos are: my homebound student Jessica and her music tile; Cheyenne is working on her “connections” piece; Mr. Kelly Jones, Columbus County Arts Supervisor is watching the progress of one of my students; Erik has missed a few days and is hurriedly trying to make up for lost time; Astreia’s beautiful piece illustrating her word “peace”; and finally Elizabeth’s picture of a horse accepting an apple which illustrates her word “trust”. I can hardly believe that the residency is almost over. Tomorrow all the tiles will be complete and we will have to say good-bye. This has to have been the best of all the artist-in-residency programs that I’ve ever been part of. I have learned as much as my students and now together we will let this serve as a starting point for much more wonderful pieces of creative sculpture to come. Tomorrow we will go outside to view the possible sites for the location of the finished sculpture.

Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home