viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Monday, August 18, 2008

PHOTOS FROM TURKEY DAY EIGHT (part 7)










After dinner we went to see a Whirling Dervishes ceremony at the magnificent Saruhan Caravanserai. Unfortunately photographs were not allowed during the ceremony itself. They did allow us to take photos of these ceramic figurines though. I will have to say though that the performance was awesome. I was so amazed at how long these men could twirl in a circle without getting dizzy. This was really a highlight of the trip for me to witness something that I had wanted to see in person for a long time. I will never forget this evening.

Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home