viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Monday, August 17, 2009

GHANA 3-D ASSIGNMENT
















As part of my advanced students' final exam, they were assigned a 3-D project pertaining to the slave castles in Ghana, West Africa. I showed them a PowerPoint presentation that I made after my visit to the castles a few years ago. We discussed them, used graphic organizers in order to help plan their work, and finally, did a sculpture using them as inspiration. I feel they all did an excellent job on this assignment. I wanted to show you a few of them so you can see for yourself. Hope you enjoy them.

Larry Hewett

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like these,especially the last one.I actually have a pencil sketch drawing similiar to that project.

September 3, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home