viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

FINAL EXAM

Your Final Exam consists of five parts.  Make sure you submit everything to me at the end of the testing period.  Each part will count as 20 points and the total will be worth 100 points.
PART ONE:
Look carefully at the painting above. It was created by a very interesting artist.  Write a critique about the painting. Be sure to include elements and principles of art. Also tell me your feelings about the painting.  What do you see in the painting?  What do you think the artist was trying to say?  Which emotion does it evoke?  Do you think it might be symbolic of something else?   IS IT ART?
PART TWO:
Record statements about all the pieces of artwork you have created this semester.
PART THREE:
Turn in your research piece in which you compared and contrasted the lives and work of two artists.
PART FOUR:
Do the online research worksheet that I gave you.  Answers can be written on the sheet itself or on another piece of paper.
PART FIVE:
Having been recently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, I have decided to work on a series of artwork about this disease and my reactions to it as it progresses.  The series will chronocle my journey, my fight, my fears and all the other emotions that I will be going through.  I will sketch out an idea or two so that you might better understand what I'm talking about.  Then I want you to decide what emotional issue in your life you might possibly do a series about.  Briefly tell me about it and then do two sketches showing me ideas for two possible ideas in your series.  The more personal the issue the better the series will be.  If you want this to be kept PRIVATE make note of it on your paper and I will not mention or show it to anyone else.
UPON COMPLETION of the exam, make sure your name if on everything before you turn it in to me.
Good luck.

P.S.
For the three girls who are in Honors, you must also turn in your multimedia presentation about the art history topic of your choice.  I'll be sure to check to see if all of your QR codes work.

Mr. Hewett

GOOD LUCK!

MR. HEWETT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home