viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GUEST ARTIST/SPEAKER AT ECU

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to East Carolina University as guest artist/speaker by longtime friend Dr. Alice Arnold.  I worked with her students on a project in which they painted designs on river rocks.  Upon completion all the rocks are exhibited in a circle.  The lesson plan was integrated with Social Studies and the story of the young Japanese girl named Sadako who died as a result of the bombing at Hiroshima.  I had a wonderful time and you can see the students did a great job with their end product.  Thank you so much Dr. Arnold for the invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home