viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

SKYPE SESSION WITH ARTIST JOHN WHALLEY

Friday my Advanced Art class had the honor and pleasure of taking part in a Skype session with nationally known Maine artist, John Whalley.  I saw his work online and emailed him.  From there we started talking about his connecting with my advanced students.  Finally we agreed on Skyping in which my students were allowed to visit his studio and he was allowed to come into our classroom via this interactive program.  Mr. Kelly Jones, Arts Supervisor, made all preparations for the session and he served as narrator.  Below are a few photos from Friday's class.  If interested, go to the following URL to see John's artwork which happens to be fantasatic: http://johnwhalley.com/Welcome.html .











































































Larry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home