viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Monday, October 26, 2009

NCAEA CONFERENCE IN WINTSON-SALEM




I was delighted to attend the annual NCAEA Conference in Winston-Salem this weekend. It had been years since I had attended and it was good to see some old friends again. While there I did two presentations. The first one was about Global Education: Hiroshima Peace Park and Slave Castles of Ghana. The second presentation was Technology in the Classroom in which I talked about numerous websites and online tools that any teacher, not only art teachers, can use. Leaving my last presentation I was delighted to finally meet artist, author and illustrator of children books, Faith Ringgold. I had spoken to her years ago when my elementary school students had adopted her in our Adopt-A-Star program.
Larry Hewett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home