viking art

This is a blog about my art students at West Columbus High School in Cerro Gordo, N.C. and about my own artwork and travels throughout the world. - Larry Hewett

My Photo
Name:

I am the Instructional Technology Facilitator for Columbus County Schools.

Friday, July 13, 2007

One Day I"m Not Sick in Ghana

Hello everyone. Here I am on my third day in Ghana and guess what? I'm not sick today. Well I woke up sick about four this morning but went back to sleep. I've even ridden in several taxis and not sick yet. And you haven't lived until you've ridden in a Ghanaian taxi!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adams and I just came from the barber shop. I was going to get my first Ghanainan haircut but lights off! Maybe tomorrow, but then he and I are going to Kasua to meet the parents of the students at Amibs' school. I've been promised Gruondnut soup with rice balls. Yum yum, my favorite.

The electricity problems all seem to stem from the problems with the dam where they get their energy. So in other words, these power shortages is nothing but a "Dam Problem!" LOL.

Well better go for now. Take care. Having a wonderful time here with Adams, Hawa, Nisha, Bubbleloo, Amibs, and the rest of the gang. Let me hear from you soon.

Larry, the Ghanaian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home